[RVR0146] Genre X Genre (Gwdihw​/​Cardiff​/​14​.​08​.​2013)

Discuss all upcoming WH gigs and events.
totheloversfarewell

Post Posted

First Genre X Genre gig took place at Gwdihw Cafe/Bar Cardiff on the 14.08.2013 and may very well have been the first noise gig Cardiff has suffered in a long time. Thanks to Tom Jenkins, Luke Oram, Dean LLoyd Robinson Saunders, Kairi Parker Shikari, Richard Moore, Chris Bull and Tim MacQuillan for their sets.

KnifedOutOfExistence
Dean Lloyd Robinson Saunders and Luke Oram put on a blinding opening set complete with shattering metallic sheet beatings and distortion pedal abuse.

Gorgantuan
Richard Moore and Chris Bull put aside the doom and drone pastimes for their first noise gig complete with cloaks and Boschesque masks straight out of a triptych.

The DDN
The Norths Tim MacQuillan pulled of a genre bending set that started noisey, descended into chiptune circuit bent alienation and finally ended with breakbeat techno leanings. Also broke the ceiling, water started pouring in mid set and blew the main lights.

To The Lovers, Farewell
After battling the flu, a stomach bug and lessening the antidepressants I was in no mood to repeat my usual no compromise performance on lyrical flow and general madness. A depressing glare into the dark ambient followed, almost as bleak as my mood.

CloseMindedGirl
Kairi Parker Shikari blew the competition off the stage with initial Emil Beaulieu leanings, turntable noise, etc, but then took it eons into the future as all this was mixed with the maschine overtures that blasted from the Mac…..added screams through a contact mic for distilled pleasure.

Genetic Noose
Further Northern leanings abound with the madness of dark ambient, HNW, gutteral vocals and a distrete ability to end up on the floor in a less that ecstatic state. The maniacs glasses ended up by the door in what seemed to be a breakdown of all sense and sensibilities, ascending HNW by putting the fucking emotion back into the core.

PICTURES AND FREE DOWNLOAD OF GIG