I need constructive criticism for my first track

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
fearinflesh

I need constructive criticism for my first track

Post Posted

This is my first full song fusing WH with elements from other genres such as Black Metal and Industrial.

https://soundcloud.com/exurei/fif/s-ZpknQSzChVC
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: I need constructive criticism for my first track

Post Posted

holy shit this is actually really good, I mean, I pressed play without any high hopes (thinking it will sound like a beginner WH track), but it's a well made composition, I like the drum work, atmosphere and transitions

my biggest issue with track is the synth that kicks in for 10sec at 2:13 - seems a bit underwhelming and unnecessary
fearinflesh

Post Posted

Thank you so much ! its going to be sent off to be properly mastered and mixed, I dont know how to master/mix so thats why the drums seem kinda mehh and muddy at times. I tried to mix it myself but unfortunately I get muddy results ;_; Mix/mastering is a whole different ball game and its too overwhelming for me I get frustrated.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

fearinflesh wrote: August 9th, 2020, 12:34 am Thank you so much ! its going to be sent off to be properly mastered and mixed, I dont know how to master/mix so thats why the drums seem kinda mehh and muddy at times. I tried to mix it myself but unfortunately I get muddy results ;_; Mix/mastering is a whole different ball game and its too overwhelming for me I get frustrated.
cool, where are you mastering it? I can recommend Brant from ∆AIMON, he's a pro engineer, did some releases for me and did amazing job
fearinflesh

Post Posted

zin wrote: August 9th, 2020, 1:11 am
fearinflesh wrote: August 9th, 2020, 12:34 am Thank you so much ! its going to be sent off to be properly mastered and mixed, I dont know how to master/mix so thats why the drums seem kinda mehh and muddy at times. I tried to mix it myself but unfortunately I get muddy results ;_; Mix/mastering is a whole different ball game and its too overwhelming for me I get frustrated.
cool, where are you mastering it? I can recommend Brant from ∆AIMON, he's a pro engineer, did some releases for me and did amazing job
I was looking in fiverr for someone to master it, do you think Brant would be willing to mix/master it ? I'd pay him of course.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

fearinflesh wrote: August 9th, 2020, 10:46 amI was looking in fiverr for someone to master it, do you think Brant would be willing to mix/master it ? I'd pay him of course.
I'm sure he'd be down, end of the day it's his job. I think the price is the limit here, but then again the question you have to ask yourself if you want to have professionally mastered track/ep/album or get a random guy on fiverr to (most likely) run it through some automated software.

Anwyay, I will show him this thread, he used to post here as @∆AIMON.
fearinflesh

Post Posted

zin wrote: August 9th, 2020, 2:08 pm
fearinflesh wrote: August 9th, 2020, 10:46 amI was looking in fiverr for someone to master it, do you think Brant would be willing to mix/master it ? I'd pay him of course.
I'm sure he'd be down, end of the day it's his job. I think the price is the limit here, but then again the question you have to ask yourself if you want to have professionally mastered track/ep/album or get a random guy on fiverr to (most likely) run it through some automated software.

Anwyay, I will show him this thread, he used to post here as @∆AIMON.
please do, thank you !