churchterror - Dirt (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
churchterror

churchterror - Dirt (2021)

Post Posted

1. Intro
2. Fine
3. Rupture
4. Do you think im mean

NEW EP COMING SOON
https://soundcloud.com/churchterror/intro
churchterror

Re: churchterror

Post Posted

zin
ɅDM†N

Re: churchterror - Dirt (2021)

Post Posted

I let myself to split those posts from your 'regular' topic because this EP deserves its own thread.

Such an amazing release, quite possibly my fav project of yours. "Fine" is just perfect, the way vocals are processed (who's singing there, can't figure it out, I assume it's a sample right?) with a slow-paced buzz, heavy bass and sparse hi-hats, all contributing to the omnious vibe of the track. Fuzzy guitar and beats in "Rupture" remind me of Jonny Teardrop's post-punk influenced work, just wayy slower. Again, not sure who sings there... "Do you think im mean" takes the memorable chorus from Cake Pop's hit single, and burries it under 6 feet of withchouse gloom, casting aside the bubblegum tone of the original track. But hey, it's still catchy as hell!

Download the whole lot here: https://churchterror.bandcamp.com/album/dirt
churchterror

Post Posted

zin wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:17 pm I let myself to split those posts from your 'regular' topic because this EP deserves its own thread.

Such an amazing release, quite possibly my fav project of yours. "Fine" is just perfect, the way vocals are processed (who's singing there, can't figure it out, I assume it's a sample right?) with a slow-paced buzz, heavy bass and sparse hi-hats, all contributing to the omnious vibe of the track. Fuzzy guitar and beats in "Rupture" remind me of Jonny Teardrop's post-punk influenced work, just wayy slower. Again, not sure who sings there... "Do you think im mean" takes the memorable chorus from Cake Pop's hit single, and burries it under 6 feet of withchouse gloom, casting aside the bubblegum tone of the original track. But hey, it's still catchy as hell!

Download the whole lot here: https://churchterror.bandcamp.com/album/dirt
Thanks, at first I had doubts, I didn't want to release these tracks, but something convinced me and I did it xd
and yes, about the voice, all the tracks with my vocals, except “Do you think I’m mean”
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

@churchterror wtf this is amazing, didn't know you also sing on your songs, I always assumed those are samples. Your voice reminds me of John from SALEM. What other songs you put your vocals on? "ни дня"?
churchterror

Post Posted

zin wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:25 am @churchterror wtf this is amazing, didn't know you also sing on your songs, I always assumed those are samples. Your voice reminds me of John from SALEM. What other songs you put your vocals on? "ни дня"?
Poison
Blackout
Rupture
Intro
Fine
An Old Story
untitled
eternalgrief
Nightcore Party
suffering
Fake love
ни дня
Salem cover
Bones cover
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

churchterror wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:10 pm
zin wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:25 am @churchterror wtf this is amazing, didn't know you also sing on your songs, I always assumed those are samples. Your voice reminds me of John from SALEM. What other songs you put your vocals on? "ни дня"?
Poison
Blackout
Rupture
Intro
Fine
An Old Story
all covers
untitled
eternalgrief
Nightcore Party
suffering
Fake love
ни дня
Salem cover
Bones cover
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Dude let's put some of that stuff on tape, I've been slacking to pick this up, but I really want to do a release with you. Will message you on insta soon... In the meantime, I've just posted your lil profile on my new blog: https://mutantzones.blogspot.com/2021/1 ... error.html
churchterror

Post Posted

zin wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:36 pm
churchterror wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:10 pm
Poison
Blackout
Rupture
Intro
Fine
An Old Story
all covers
untitled
eternalgrief
Nightcore Party
suffering
Fake love
ни дня
Salem cover
Bones cover
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Dude let's put some of that stuff on tape, I've been slacking to pick this up, but I really want to do a release with you. Will message you on insta soon... In the meantime, I've just posted your lil profile on my new blog: https://mutantzones.blogspot.com/2021/1 ... error.html
Thank you so much,man!
I have sent you all the tracks that I have released in wav on your email! :)