So, I ordered something from Disaro...

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
mis†er_elec†ric

So, I ordered something from Disaro...

Post Posted

a month ago (against my better judgement). It was the Slow Head CDr. I know Disaro is infamous for that White Ring debacle, but I thought that perhaps the new MGMT would be more responsible. It appears that is not the case. After 3 weeks of hearing nothing, I sent an email politely inquiring about the status of my order. Now we've reached the 4-week mark and no reply, no shipping confirmation and definitely no CDr. Has anyone else ordered anything from Disaro recently? If so, how long did it take to arrive? Am I an utter fool for believing Disaro would actually come through? How long should I wait before making myself a tremendous pain in their asses? THX.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: So, I ordered something from Disaro...

Post Posted

I've placed my order for 4 CDs on 20th July 2011 (!!!). Haven't seen anything since then. I've sent quite a few emails to them (email addresses taken from the offical Disaro site), never got any reply, I've spammed a bit of their Facebook page, and eventually after that Robert Disaro himself wrote to me via prv msg to stop it and that he will take care of my order (obviously that never happened, surprise surprise). Eventually I've managed to contact the new manager German like a month ago who promised me that he will straight away sort out my order. Thinking it'll be all fine now, I've also added to my old order the new Gummybear and Origami CDs, and that was around 15th of December last year. Haven't heard or seen anything since then... I'll wait for another week or two, I can understand that the shipping to UK can take a while, and also hope that German actually sorted it out for me...

Or just call me a fool.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

German didn't solve the problem in my case. He promised to send Cds my way to compensate for Robert's mess When I pre ordered a bunch of CDs and Vinyls back in 2010. never saw any compensation. never received a refund, never received any CDs. Disaro stole 200$ from me. Never again.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

Wow. Talk about bad business. It sounds like the guys at Disaro can go fark themselves. Now I know what happens when thieves start a record label. Guess I'll stick to the legitimate labels from now on... Thanks for the informative anecdotes. Never again is right.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
fish

Post Posted

What i find funny is that they continuously post on facebook about new upcoming vinyl releases this year as if anyone who has ever dealt with them would hand more money over to them.
cmos00

Post Posted

definitely still a scam, a month after my gummy bear cdr purchase (and unanswered emails) i just disputed it with my credit card. my soma disc arrived, and i just hawked that. it's cool when a label is run by like one dude who is also touring with his and other bands (night people? sometimes light lodge?)

but this disaro "rebirth" was just shitty.

hahha THIEVES!

dude i'm so into like poppy new wave era ministry and can't quit. i don't care if al unendorses it.
cmos00

Post Posted

can't you like paypal claim it? i've always wondered how effective that is. although honestly disaro was the only real problem i've encountered ever.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

for paypal claims you have only 45 days since the day of the purchase (AFAIK)
Mcll

Post Posted

LOL, thanks for that scytthe! Now I am inspired to do a chopped/screwed Ministry cover :D All their early 12" singles were killer, when they went from synthpop to WTF brilliance..
Anton Maiof

Post Posted

Work For Love has been a staple of my disco sets for some time now. So much love for Ministry.
Oh Disaro, why can't you be more like Ministry? Inspire love rather than ugliness... poor 21st Century Label... :(
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Can't believe it!

After 9 months my Disaro order came today! Plus I got a free T-shirt for waiting lol

I got to admit though, that it wouldn't be possible without the help of Slow Head, who supported my claim against Disaro Records. Huge thank u to Ian!