White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
brianlg

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

Post Posted

Finally got him to send me an order request. Looks like I'll be getting it (hopefully) soon.

Anyone know the catalogue number? Disaro ##?
pilotsdontcare

Post Posted

got a test print at the show on Halloween, hand written and signed
divisibilities

Post Posted

the album's new tracks are really sublime (hands 2 hold u down espc.) and the release as a whole is very well rounded. i like that white ring can create this ominous sound but somehow they can also create tracks that aren't "scary" and almost optimistic sounding.
marspyramid

Post Posted

I also received an email response from Robert that the album isn't ready yet. Doing vinyl releases can be a nightmare when you're a small label; I'm being patient :)
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

anyone received theirs yet?
T U N D R A

Post Posted

I've not released any vinyl on Tundra, but when dealing with vinyl pressing on the hardcore record labels I helped out with...it can be a fucking nightmare.

Give Mr. Disaro the benefit of your doubt unless he flakes all together and takes your money. I don't think he'll end up running his shit like Troubleman.
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

T U N D R A wrote:I've not released any vinyl on Tundra, but when dealing with vinyl pressing on the hardcore record labels I helped out with...it can be a fucking nightmare.

Give Mr. Disaro the benefit of your doubt unless he flakes all together and takes your money. I don't think he'll end up running his shit like Troubleman.
nah i'm not worried about that. robert posted a picture of the boxes of vinyl that had been delivered on his facebook a couple of weeks ago. so it is done, just now a question of when :D
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Actually I've read that it's sold out now. All orders were supposed to start shipping pas tuesday if I remember correctly.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

it got released last tuesday and started shipping... just got a message from robert today about it. i'm waiting on mine (pre-ordered back in october) and it should arrive by friday...

he's no mike simonetti, so you should have no worries.
kukhuvud

Post Posted

Yeah, I can vouch for Robert - he's on the level and isn't going to rip anyone off.
symbols n shit

Post Posted

Any reviews of it yet?
nonotnyet

Post Posted

anyone got theirs yet? i'm kinda tired of the excuses i'm getting from robert. he's now not answering messages regarding this...

i'm also a little pissed that he sold test pressings at that White Ring show instead of sending them to the people who took the time to pre-order. pre-orders should have top priority. there are a bunch of us out here waiting and this thing came out two weeks ago... kind of a crappy way to run a label.

i'll give him until friday; if i don't have it by then i've already put in a PayPal refund request, because this is ridiculous...

i was hesitant to say this before, but disaro=the new troubleman???
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

chill man, just give it a while... where do you live ? I'm in UK, and I'm pretty much sure it'll take some time to ship it here, especially now during the Xmas time
T U N D R A

Post Posted

nonotnyet wrote:i was hesitant to say this before, but disaro=the new troubleman???
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not jump to extremes, here.

Troubleman didn't just take money and then not send out records just once. He did it TONS of fucking times. Disaro will have to fuck up a LOT more before he ends up being the new TMU.

Also, I think it's important for everyone to understand how many fucking variables there are in releasing records. I run Tundra 24/7 and I'm not even doing vinyl yet.

Pressing plants, band members, printing, press...it adds up.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

okay, i'm jumping to quick conclusions here and the troubleman comparison was completely uncalled for (believe me, i know what it's like to deal with mike simonetti personally and i also have friends in bands who never got paid for thousands of records sold).

the thing is, i live in Portland Oregon. is it unreasonable to think that after going to the trouble of preordering in late october that it should be here by now? i could understand it taking 2 weeks plus if i lived overseas, but other people like Not Not fun can have stuff in my box within 3-5 days of my Paypal payment being received.

i understand this is his first vinyl release, it's a small label and there were setbacks (and the holiday mail does slow things down), but 2 weeks is a bit too long to wait on something that should have come last week... i have friends who are still waiting on theirs who are beginning to feel the way i do. on that matter, has anyone gotten theirs yet?

i'll give him some more time, but i've waited shorter time spans for things i ordered by snail mail money order payments.