White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
kukhuvud

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

Post Posted

nonotnyet wrote:i'm also a little pissed that he sold test pressings at that White Ring show instead of sending them to the people who took the time to pre-order.
It wasn't him selling the test pressings at the show in LA, at least... I bought mine from the band.
pertminus

Post Posted

I preordered in November and still haven't gotten mine either. I ordered another record during this time span with $2 media mail shipping that showed up last Friday, what the fuck?
nonotnyet

Post Posted

pertminus wrote:I preordered in November and still haven't gotten mine either. I ordered another record during this time span with $2 media mail shipping that showed up last Friday, what the fuck?
i just got an email from robert regarding this. i'm still waiting on mine, but he *is* mailing them out. he's doing this all by himself, so the demand on him has kinda got the mailing process bogged down. factor in the slow holiday mail, too (it took almost two weeks to get my Not Not Fun order this week... normally, they get stuff to me in a week or less).

i've ordered stuff from him in the past, he's a standup guy. just give him some time.
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

I'm assuming no one has received theirs yet?
fish

Post Posted

still waiting for mine
collynx

Post Posted

Everyone's still waiting. It's ridiculous. Honestly.
†††S∆CRED∞HE∆RTS†††

Post Posted

Just wanted to let everyone know they all most likely got scammed. How is it no one has received the record from Disaro yet? If there were 500 pressed, how long do you think it would take one person to package and send them out? Im sure you could package and mail out at least a hundred a day, I could. Its not rocket science plus wouldn't you want the integrity of your business to be upheld? Especially to the people who pre-ordered. I realize the dude has other shit going on but sending out records that are already paid for should be a priority. I contacted Robert numerous times and all but my last message were met with, it's on its way, or soon, but mostly B.S. Last message wasn't replied to at all.I think it's quite the coincidence that he went on tour almost exactly the same time as the "pre-sale" went down. We all just payed for this guy to live and run around the country. I finally gave up hearing Disaros bullshit replies so I tried going through paypal for a refund, this is what I got after filling a complaint. "Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication." Don't know why it wouldn't be eligible, paid for it like I do all my paypal transactions. Hope other people have better luck.
We all got fucked. Sorry everyone, it's the truth. And people who keep sticking up for this satanist shitbag wannabe need to open there eyes. Here's how a friend of mine put it "instant classic/collectors item if it was never released", to bad he took payment for them though. Sorry that White Ring got caught up in this all but I'm sure they knew the deal also. Karma's a bitch Robert, hope to see you soon.
Last edited by †††S∆CRED∞HE∆RTS††† on January 3rd, 2011, 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

I don't know. the holiday season sure affects mail speed. I think that if he indeed mailed all the orders, it should arrive in the next two weeks at most. I'm willing to wait at least two weeks before giving up, but yeah this is a frustrating process.
raedarius

Post Posted

Not sure of the scam aspect yet. My order wasn't direct from Disaro, but from Vacation Vinyl in California. I got a postage receipt from them on 11th December to say it had been posted. The USPS reference shows it left the US on 14th December. Then the snow hit the UK, followed by Christmas. Something is on it's way to me, ideally it will turn out to be the 12"...

http://vacationvinyl.bigcartel.com/prod ... al-artwork
fish

Post Posted

I had ordered mine from the new disaro website a day or two before they posted the new site on facebook etc. at the time i ordered it it was only $12+shipping. a week or so later i got an email from him saying that i didn't pay enough ($4 short). i emailed him back with my receipt and he said that was a pricing error on their end when and not to worry about it. i sent him the extra $4 anyways since i didn't want to short him but never heard anything back. i have a feeling the record will show up at some point but who knows when. why post on facebook that they are shipping out on Nov 30th when they obviously didn't. even media mail over the holidays wouldn't take a month.

fortunately i also ordered one from Vacation after disaro sold out for my friend and did get that one. but i'm keeping it till i know i'm getting my disaro copy.

supposedly paypal is now offering the same protection for online orders as they had for ebay orders so i have no idea why that transaction wasn't covered. but if i don't get mine next week i'll probably try filing a complaint as well because you have to do it within 45 days of paying or you are basically screwed.
kukhuvud

Post Posted

There's now 5 of us on discogs that have this.... hopefully it's just a matter of time before the rest of you receive yours :)
fish

Post Posted

I'm one of those five but got mine from vacation vinyl. wonder if any of the other 4 got em from disaro.
fish

Post Posted

disaro post of facebook this morning:

"NO ORDERS HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
nonotnyet

Post Posted

fish wrote:disaro post of facebook this morning:

"NO ORDERS HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
i just read that, but the last contact i got from Robert was three weeks ago to the day. he said they were shipping on monday. it doesn't take 2 1/2 weeks to get from LA to PDX unless it's being shipped by mule.

i just got my $15 back from PayPal. no more excuses from Robert Disaro and he just lost a long time fan. he'll never get a cent from me again. i'll re-affirm my previous post: WORSE THAN TROUBLEMAN.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

†††S∆CRED∞HE∆RTS††† wrote:I tried going through paypal for a refund, this is what I got after filling a complaint. "Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication." Don't know why it wouldn't be eligible, paid for it like I do all my paypal transactions. Hope other people have better luck.
call their customer service number. i did, and they were VERY nice and instantly gave me a courtesy refund after seeing how long i've been waiting.