oOoOO - oOoOO EP (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
BackAlleyLurker

oOoOO - oOoOO EP (2010)

Post Posted

1. Mumbai
2. Burnout Eyess
3. Sedsumting
4. Hearts
5. Plains Is Hot
6. Burnout Eyess (Visions Of Trees Remix)

oOoOO's new ep is aivalable for streaming in it's entirety here : http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2010/09/stream-new-ooooo-ep

Sounds cool. it's better than the first CDr I think.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: oOoOO - oOoOO EP (2010)

Post Posted

I've updated the title a bit...

This EP is an instant cop when it comes out, I have the Disaro CDr in my collection and love it, oOoOO was one of the first Witch House artists that made me interested into this music.

Couple of reviews:

Boomkat
Tri Angle Record's 2nd issue is the debut release proper from a very special artist, San Francisco's oOoOO. He's in very good company on this exquisitely curated label, nestled among the likes of Balam Acab, Stalker and Nowa Huta, who together form a collective shadow over the disciplines of big money R'n'B and shivering Cold Wave electro with a creepily succinct Pop aesthetic. And it's this acute articulation of mood and style that sets these productions apart from any other crowd out there. Tracks like 'Hearts' with its Fever Ray-meets-Cassie feel or the arcane hooks of 'Burnout Eyes' have the mark of a scarily intuitive Pop genius, knowingly built with the most conventional structures yet nudged at all the crucial moments with choruses that beguile like a shy, lo-fi version of Kate Bush's finest or enrapture like David Sylvian at his most melancholy, perpetually toying with the tuning for spine chilling and perspective re-aligning effect. Also, their debt to Salem, acknowledged progenitors of the Witch House/Drag scene, is keenly felt in the numb melancholy of 'Sedsumting' and to a lesser extent in 'Plains', while the Visions Of Trees remix of the breathtaking 'Burnout Eyess' adds a spectral New Age ambience worthy of the most lushed out Juno 6 moments, and we say that without the slightest hint of cynicism. This is simply one of the most extraordinary debut records we've heard in a long time and should be owned by every house so your kids can come across it one day and perpetuate a cycle of blissed melancholy. Totally Essential.
Piccadilly Records
This is the self-titled debut EP from rising San Francisco-based artist oOoOO (disappointingly pronounced 'oh'. Oh...). The second release for the hotly-tipped upstart label Tri Angle (founded by Robin Carolan of 20 Jazz Funk Greats), oOoOO heralds a new era of shrouded pop music, approaching territories untravelled with an inimitable melodic touch. Featuring beautiful female voices wrapped in a cotton wool blanket of subtle drones, washed-out synths and shoegazer guitar fuzz, welded to slo-mo post-dubstep rhythms, OoOOo's music falls under the newly minted 'witch house' sub-genre heading. Watch out for forthcoming Tri Angle releases by Creep, Nowa Huta, Stalker, and more.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: oOoOO - oOoOO EP (2010)

Post Posted

I've uploaded my vinyl rip of this classic EP to our yt channel: