RITUALZ - white pony

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Pe† Ceme†ery

Re: RITUALZ - white pony

Post by Pe† Ceme†ery »

Is this cos Chino Moreno is now totally working with him? I saw the photo, I KNOW, man.
Whyt Noiz

Post by Whyt Noiz »

what is so lol about this.... someone please tell me wtf is going on
if this is a witch house remix album of white pony, my head will explode...dont play with my emotions man!!!
iamthesunset

Post by iamthesunset »

Apparently Chino has ripped off ritualz's "name" for his new project from the guy from Far. So this is a jokey comeback, i imagine.
vnshd

Post by vnshd »

mis†er_elec†ric

Post by mis†er_elec†ric »

vnshd wrote:http://www.theprp.com/2011/07/26/news/c ... ser-track/

that teaser sounds great
what the shart was that? That right there, that didn't sound so great. "Crosses," what an effing joke. Got my hopes up for a second.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
vnshd

Post by vnshd »

haha:
http://alteredzones.com/posts/1734/deft ... tch-house/

It's official: witch house has broken beyond the bedroom and into the mainstream like never before. Chino Moreno of stadium nu metal band Deftones just unveiled a project called ††† (not a joke!). The five-track EP, simply titled †, manages to use the symbol seven times in its tracklisting, shrouding his hard rock sketches with the aesthetic's trademark gauzy synths, rapidfire drum rolls, and overall spooky atmosphere (zoinks!). Congrats witch house, you've managed to inspire both the platinum-certified and the 14-year-old suburban kids in your short two-year life cycle. --Ric Leichtung, Altered Zones via NME

†††: † Tracklist:

01 †his Is A †rick
02 Op†ion
03 Bermuda Locke†
04 †hholyghs†
05 †

UPDATE: Witch house band †‡† (aka Ritualz) is "SO FUCKING PISSED RIGHT NOW", says Chino is totally “stealing my shit”. (via Living Ears)
i love the first track. the rest is okay, too. the whole "chino ripped of witch house"-thing... hilarious!
Nova Sol

Post by Nova Sol »

it seems the chino's finally realized that nu-metal has died, and is looking to jump on something new early enough that he won't be an obvious train-jumper.
∆AIMON

Post by ∆AIMON »

yeah, I'm a tad bit annoyed that Altered Zones referred to this incorrectly as witch house (http://alteredzones.com/posts/1734/deft ... tch-house/) when it's clearly not. I'd rather they just leave the witch house scene out of this one. the use of symbols in a name does not mean you are trying to be witch house. the only reference I've seen of Chino describing the project was under the term "minimal". let's just let it be that.
Phantasma Disques

Post by Phantasma Disques »

the first track is some MINIMAL witch house influences THAT'S ALL ;)
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post by ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ »

Not sure why people are getting all up in arms over this Deftones fiasco. If anything, it's publicity for the genre. In other words, sparking people [previously unfamiliar] to search "witch house" and hopefully find some good artists. Just because this music may be crap doesn't tarnish the rest of us. For example, to say the shitty hip-hop out there takes away from the true talented folks is a bit farfetched.

Also, Ritualz needs to grow the fuck up. His symbols are in no way original, nor does he have rights to them.
m◊◊nlit

Post by m◊◊nlit »

Yeah, I'm not seeing any witch house influence at all in this.
iamthesunset

Post by iamthesunset »

From http://www.ology.com/music/witch-house- ... -headaches

Yesterday, Chino (apparently a.k.a the “Deftones Dude”) and Far guitarist Shaun Lopez unveiled their new side project called †††, which, to me, means it's just a pain in the ass to find online, but according to Pitchfork’s Tom Breihan, it means Chino’s new project counts as Witch House. What exactly is that? From all I can gather, Witch House is a blanket genre created by in-the-know music publications to describe creepy electronic music made by bored, strung out white kids. You might have also heard people call it “drag” or “rape core”, or heard them talk up bands like Salem, oOoOO, or White Ring… bands that wouldn’t know a Violator from a Disintegration, basically. (i.e. they suck, and they give moody electronic music a bad rap. Sometimes literally.)

Wherein lies my dilemma—I really like Chino Moreno, and I can’t see him hopping on any bandwagon with a bunch of Williamsburg kids whose parents pay the rent each month. The Deftones have always been two steps and several IQ points ahead of their heavy metal brethren, writing songs that reference, amongst other things, Greek mythology and early Christian occultism. I wouldn’t expect the Pitchfork staff to know or care about that, but I would appreciate it if we could stop throwing around meaningless sub-genres that suggest associations where they might not exist.

†††’s EP sounds, to my ears, not unlike Chino’s 2005 project Team Sleep, which served as a creative output for his love of ‘80s pop, shoegaze, and other non-Deftones-friendly influences that, interestingly, have crept into the band’s music anyway. It sounds like moody rock music with some electronic influences. It doesn’t sound like some douchebag slowing down a Justin Bieber song on his laptop.

I’m obviously taking this offense personally, and I’m just as guilty as the next music blogger of buying into the Sub-Genre Game, but the Deftones are a really great band, and Chino Moreno is a really bright, talented guy, and I hate to see him lumped in with other groups that couldn’t even write something as simple and wonderful as “Teenager” if their miserable lives depended upon it.

It’s cool to write off his music if you don’t like it. But don’t write it off by calling it some made-up term you yourself propagated. If you could stop doing that, I’ll promise not to use the word “hipster” as a negative stylistic modifier. Deal? Okay, cool, we can be friends again.
Jesus Christ, what a whining butt-hurt twat. Has this not all gone just a bit too far? It's three symbols in a row for fuck's sake. Make/listen to music, enjoy yourself, and above all shut the fuck up. Especially when you haven't got a clue what the fuck you're talking about.

The thing is, i kinda get what he's saying about lumping stuff into sub-genres for no reason. But seriously, who really gives that much of a shit, except for this odious little toss-piece?
teacake

Post by teacake »

Someone threw theCrosses EP up on FB a day or two ago, make me say "whaaaaa?"
Whyt Noiz

Post by Whyt Noiz »

OK! I am the biggest witch house fan ever...I also a huge deftones/teamsleep fan. I think this album is amazing, and the fact that its available legally for free is awesome! BUT THIS IS DEFINATLY NOT WITCH HOUSE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I SEE WHY RITUALZ IS PISSED EVEN THOUGH THERE CALLED CROSSES, not ritualz