Deathh Cvlt - Pale Hand (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Deathh Cvlt - Pale Hand (2021)

Post Posted

1. Pale Hand
2. cherish our company
3. bitten
4. tonight is my last night for a while

https://deathhcvlt.bandcamp.com/album/pale-hand

edit. Original post:

https://deathhcvlt.bandcamp.com/track/pale-hand

not sure if this is just a one-off or preview of bigger material.
D3∆†hh CvL†

Re: Deathh Cvlt is back

Post Posted

I dont even know
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Deathh Cvlt - Pale Hand (2021)

Post Posted

well now we know, new 4-track ep :cool:

I like how the whole thing flows from one track to another, almost feels like a witchy suite. Deathh Cvlt productions were always situated at the intersection of witch house and dark ambient, and this one stays true to this style. Kicking off with a titular track, featuring a monologue from 2004 horror The Grudge set against a brooding bass and simple (but not basic) drums, the EP drifts towards similar vibes on "Cherish Our Company", but with somehow more menacing feel and slightly faster tempo. "Bitten" starts as a dungeon synth piece and mutates into slow witchy synthwave track at 1:40 mark. The closing "Tonigh.." sounds like a funeral march dirge, thanks to the use of bells and its melody, I'm a sucker for the use of the former in WH tracks, so obv like this one. Overall it's a solid EP, happy to see familiar face back at it again :smiley:
D3∆†hh CvL†

Post Posted

zin wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:09 pm well now we know, new 4-track ep :cool:

I like how the whole thing flows from one track to another, almost feels like a witchy suite. Deathh Cvlt productions were always situated at the intersection of witch house and dark ambient, and this one stays true to this style. Kicking off with a titular track, featuring a monologue from 2004 horror The Grudge set against a brooding bass and simple (but not basic) drums, the EP drifts towards similar vibes on "Cherish Our Company", but with somehow more menacing feel and slightly faster tempo. "Bitten" starts as a dungeon synth piece and mutates into slow witchy synthwave track at 1:40 mark. The closing "Tonigh.." sounds like a funeral march dirge, thanks to the use of bells and its melody, I'm a sucker for the use of the former in WH tracks, so obv like this one. Overall it's a solid EP, happy to see familiar face back at it again :smiley:
thanks for the listen :) also
you got The grudge sample on track 1
track 2 lords prayer
track 3 lord of the rings sample
and track 4 The Ring samples
lævita

Post Posted

D0P3!