HENRI ♛ VICTORIOUS - 6ec (Bies) [2020]

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
henrivictorious

HENRI ♛ VICTORIOUS - 6ec (Bies) [2020]

Post by henrivictorious »

I hope this is the right place to post this, I'm new to this particular forum. Check this out.

I would love for you all to share a moment with me and hear my music. Please let me know if you'd like the WAV file, just pm me / go to my bandcamp to download it for free. Consider following me on IG if you'd like to support but can't afford to spend money on tracks.

LINK : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEXCY1d8rJ0

Permissions / Copyright: I give permission to upload this song to your channel(s) on the condition that the following links are somewhere in the description. If one of these doesn't match your brand layout please let me know and we can discuss further.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1ep0bMS ... W3G0dggcMA
https:// www.henrivictorious.com/
https://henrivictorious.bandcamp.com/

Please see below for full video concept and artistic direction (if you have time).

Henri :-) :chains: :chains: :chains:

EXTENDED VIDEO CONCEPT

Outline
Music video for HENRI VICTORIOUS - 6ec (Bies).
Track is 3:40 in length.

Concept
"Take the bland lifeless pop culture of yesteryear and create something with a soul, a black soul."

Overwhelmed
The concept explores the reuse and reinterpretation of media. The samples should be a wide range to highlight the feeling of being overwhelmed.

Music video example of wide range visual sampling. Wash Us In The Blood, directed by Arthur Jafa.
Good example of how the use of a range of video quality and looks creates a "post-internet vibe" and a sensation of chaos. (Not, this song isn't witch house but it's got a cool vibe).

Exploitation of people in the music industry (Focusing on women, Britney for this video) and their relationship to the media
One of the larger themes to be explored visually. It has many faces.
-the straight up physical presence and beauty (e.g. a model, beautiful singing \voice)
-the use of female beauty in media as a celebration of excellence
-the use of female beauty in media to sell products
-the industrialisation of someones physical presence, the consequences and the trauma that is inflicted on the individual
The video should be done in a way where in the contrast and chopping of footage give off the impression of an outsider looking in at human behaviour.

Main sample to be used and build off. Interview of Britney Spears crying and stating "I don't know" after being asked "what do you think it will take for the paparazzi to leave you alone?" An intense moment of her emotions flowing out. She is probably lost & confused of the complexity of her lone situation faced with the stress of expectation of maintaining her composure as a celebrity.

The ignorance of innocent dreams
Visual samples that capture these feelings. For example young Britney.

Raw expression
Clips that explore the unfiltered pure expression of people. Example, footage from raves.

Organised expression
Performance. The juxtaposition of the suffering to obtain the standard of expression vs the beauty found in the expression of a well trained artist "in the flow state". Example, ballet.

Occult
Witchcraft imagery. Toying with the concept that its women finding an outlet to express themselves through ritual. Occult symbols and darker imagery such as skulls.

Nature
The spookier and Witch House-y vibes of nature. For example The Moon, Trees, Smoke, Fog etc.

More abstract visual inspiration :
Supernatural/Curses, ghosts etc.
Drugs/Hallucinogens, bad trips etc.

To conclude
Not one of these themes covered above should be reinforced to the point there is an obvious exploration of an idea (e.g. Women being exploited in the music industry) After watching the video these ideas should be elusive to the audience. The real aim here is to have the viewer experience the right emotions in the videos journey NOT it's message or philosophy. Smartly contrast and complement some of the more specific themes (Organised expression) with the vaguer concepts (The Moon).

Techniques
Techniques to be used are fairly open ended as long as it fits the tone of the concept. Keep it to grungier tones and moodier colours. Things like VHS overlays, distortion, noise, colour grades and strobes would be complementary video techniques. I would also advise to stick to more to a DIY look for the sake of time and budget restrictions. However this DIY tone is somewhat of a trait of the genre.

Example of ascetics and collage techniques.

Sampling
Visual sampling limitations are not an issue. Rip, take and remix to the artists desire. Again this approach will somewhat complement the underground vibe of the genre.

Graphics
Fonts - medieval, gothic & metal inspired
Vectors - occult, geometry, satanic inspired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEXCY1d ... rmGB-zVfqs
Last edited by henrivictorious on February 24th, 2021, 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
henrivictorious

Re: Break down of HENRI ♛ VICTORIOUS - бес (Bies)

thnx for approving the post modz <3
fearinflesh

Post by fearinflesh »

subbed to your YouTube channel !
henrivictorious

fearinflesh wrote: December 8th, 2020, 10:41 am subbed to your YouTube channel !

Thank you! I appreciate it. I have another song coming out that's a collaboration between me and a good friend of mine. It's very much witchhouse whilst also pushing the envelope on "what is witch house". He comes from a UK Garage/Future Garage/Wave background. The resulting sound is pretty fuckin gnarly. Very danceable. Can't wait to send it

(P.S. I love this forum format, I hope I'm replying the correct way lulz :mrgreen:)
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: HENRI ♛ VICTORIOUS

Post by zin »

man, that's some solid editing for this video, how long did it take you?
henrivictorious

Re: HENRI ♛ VICTORIOUS

zin wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:28 pm man, that's some solid editing for this video, how long did it take you?
Sorry for the delayed reply. Thank you! I did it with a friend over about a month and a bit. I spelled out how I wanted it and he brought it to life. Talented guy.
churchterror

Re: HENRI ♛ VICTORIOUS - 6ec (Bies) [2020]

Post by churchterror »

хорошо.
soundcloud.com/frgvm
henrivictorious

churchterror wrote: February 25th, 2021, 5:55 pm хорошо.
Надеюсь все нормально с русскими субтитрами. Я сам не русский, мне нравится русская культура! оттуда у меня есть пара фанатов .. <3
churchterror

Post by churchterror »

henrivictorious wrote: February 26th, 2021, 12:33 am
churchterror wrote: February 25th, 2021, 5:55 pm хорошо.
Надеюсь все нормально с русскими субтитрами. Я сам не русский, мне нравится русская культура! оттуда у меня есть пара фанатов .. <3
да,с субтитрами всё хорошо :)
soundcloud.com/frgvm