Lil Eno x Valen†ina - Split 001 (2014)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Lil Eno x Valen†ina - Split 001 (2014)

Post Posted

1. Valen†ina - Blasphemy
2. Lil Eno - Warehouse Bar
3. Valen†ina - Did I Really Die
4. Lil Eno - Borgesian Whores
5. Valen†ina - You Forgot, We Were Floating
6. Lil Eno - Cansancio Caballo

DL: https://ounce.bandcamp.com/album/lil-en ... -split-001

Discovered this by chance today, sweet and fairly short split from electronic label Ounce. 2 artists (never heard of them, I assume they are aliases of people connected with the label), 3 tracks each. Valen†ina kicks off the set with "Blasphemy", a dark gqom-like track that sounds like it was stolen from the future from Menzi's Impazamo EP. Her (?) second composition "Did I Really Die" sounds like it crawled out of a western movie, it's both sublime and uneasy. "You Forgot, We Were Floating" is packed with bass, and at the same time sounds like a weird nursery song from Addams Family movie, before morphing into a more downtempo finale. Lil Eno's tracks on the other hand are more sparse, more drone-based, focusing on atmosphere rather than melody. It's hard to single out one track from his three, they all sound very moody, dark and grainy. Maybe "Cansancio Caballo" is a bit less formulaic, consisting of more chopped approach. Two different producers, one decent release. Worth checking out. And it's free.