Anastasia Vronski - Animal Rhythm (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
yaka-anima

Anastasia Vronski - Animal Rhythm (2021)

Post Posted

1. intro
2. Stubborn Bat
3. The Trap
4. Hitchckok Bird
5. The Nest
6. Cub
7. Curious Cat
8. Nasty Dog

love the new sound of the russian artist Anastasia Vronski.

check out one of her latest albums of this 2021 at:
https://anastasiavronski.bandcamp.com/a ... mal-rhythm

:loveit:
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Anastasia Vronski - Animal Rhythm (2021)

Post Posted

I haven't heard of her until your post, great discovery! I can see her bandcamp is full of music, it will take a while to check out her projects.

Streaming "Animal Rhythm" now, my first thought is that it sounds like a more abstract CRAVE ("Hitchckok Bird" is a perfect example), drawing more from electronic obscure samples rather than hip-hop techniques. Great post-witch vibe mixed with industrial / noise and electro infulences, quite diverse stylistically but coherent at the same time. There's a touch of dub in "The Trap" and "Curious Cat", interpreted through noisy lens; y2k glitchy extravaganza in "The Nest" and "The Cub". I like to imagine that if DISARO label was still active today (with the same principles of A&R), artists like Anastasia would appear in its line-up.

The thing that I dislike the most about this LP (as well as all her other albums, based on bandcamp) - is the artwork. Great music, but the visual side is really mediocre and D.I.WHY
0hPeee

Re: Anastasia Vronski - Animal Rhythm (2021)

Post Posted

zin wrote: September 19th, 2021, 9:48 am is the artwork. Great music, but the visual side is really mediocre and D.I.WHY
I feel like the cover is a reference to something, like a jokey version of a classic album cover with a panther on it, but I can't quite put my finger on it.