LAKE R▲DIO - I Saw The Sine (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

LAKE R▲DIO - I Saw The Sine (2021)

Post by zin »

1. I Saw The Sine
2. X Not
3. Stickney
4. Divest
5. Good Witch
6. Awakeus (Nobody Heaven)

Stream / buy:
https://lakeradio.bandcamp.com/album/i-saw-the-sine

Look who's back! 20s keep bringing the old WH crew, can't complain about that ;) Caden posted on his FB that it's a free 4-track release, and you get 2 bonus cuts when you pay for it, but I just downloaded it for free and those two extra tracks were in the archive already. Will probably try to buy it anyway to show some support during the next Bandcamp day.

Hip-hop inspired, mellow downtempo beats, very much in the vein of Lake Radio's previous releases and artistic route. I quite like the neo-futuristic take on "Stickney", that starts with a medieval-like quitar only to be taken over by more spacey soundscapes and tambourine-backed beats. Reminded me a bit of Burial Hex's "The Most Foolish Son Is Always The Oldest One" epic. "Divest" ventures into minimal lo-fi house territories, quite well actually.

Both bonus tracks are interesting additions, "Good Witch" COULD be part of the main EP, but maybe it's a bit too upbeat (flows quite well after "Divest" though). "Awakeus" on the other hand is totally not fitting with the rest, Missy Elliot-like clap track, I dig it!
randomexit

Re: LAKE R▲DIO - I Saw The Sine (2021)

Post by randomexit »

Oh my god I love lake radio....dope