#seapunk

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Pe† Ceme†ery

Re: #seapunk

Post Posted

Icepunk is way moar srs anyways.

But yeah Lil Gov and Lil Internet speak thee truth - I was hanging around online in the same places as Shan Beaste and Albert Redwine at the time, THEY WUS BANDWAGON JUMPER-ONNERS.
zxz

Post Posted

So far, Witch House is too big to fail.
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post Posted

Inb4 Witch House "bail out" joke.
IDMDGAF

Post Posted

This is great
M△S▴C△RA

Post Posted

LOL SO GLAD I MISSED THIS WHOLE POST :lol:

:mrgreen: green hair
twinvessel

Post Posted

So pretty much "seapunk" is funky electro grooves and house, dnb, chillwave with cheesey tropical photoshop motifs.
...um ok. A lot of what people say is "seapunk" sounds like cheesey elevator music you hear while waiting on the phone with a company. Yeah Im sure thats going to have a lot of staying power

Empire of the Sun was doing the whole goofy tropical/marine motif thing 4 years agp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02_Lhj1gxO8&ob=av2e

Now I admit...'witch house' does sound like a gimmicky/goofy name. Especially for such a diverse genre that borrows from as disparate influences as old Throbbing Gristle and early industrial, Swans, Neofolk/Martial Industrial, chop/screw dj mixes, southern hip hop, R and B, Soul pop, experimental tape culture, indie dreampop, goth/darkwave, ethereal, etc.
I just call it the "emerging dark electronic genre". Or Deathgaze:)
twinvessel

Post Posted

DEAD†CROSS wrote:
cloudonshore wrote: I've always seen chillwave and witch house as light/dark sides of the same coin.
exactly
sea punk = heaven/paradise
witch house = hell/distress

I don't know..ya listen to some oOoOO like Hearts, or Holy Other, or even some Fatima al Qadiri...theres a lot of uplifting and soothingly mellow "witch house". Like VCR Operator by Lake Radio, or "Sweetest Sleep" by Mascara.

I do see chillwave as the sister/twin of witch house, with often the crowd and sounds crossing over. to me the most visible artist with witch house-esque vocal/DIY style is Crystal Castles as a lot of their stuff reminds me of popular witch house acts.
fuckshit666

Post Posted

STOP TRYING TO LABEL EVERYTHING SEAPUNK ISN'T EVEN ABOUT THE MUSIC IT'S ABOUT THE CULTURE
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKE UGGGGGGH
//Unhe▲d

Post Posted

So....what is Seapunk? xD

I mean, there's a few great sounds under that name, but I can't understand what is all about.
Neurotic

Post Posted

Keep up, seapunk's soo two minutes ago, it's all about meaninglessgenretagwavefunk and killjoy at the moment.
http://soundcloud.com/dan-wreck
neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com
Mood music for moodswings.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

No, I think "vaporwave" is what all the keds are jumping into after #seapunk fell flat. Think of "America in the 90s", but more Japanese.
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/vaporwave
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄