LAKE R▲DIO - Eyes Rarely Closed (2011) cassette

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

LAKE R▲DIO - Eyes Rarely Closed (2011) cassette

Post Posted

1. Eyes Rarely Closed
2. Echoplex
3. I've Been Gone
4. Giant Killers
5. Monoface
6. Mindset
7. All Day Clinic
8. Bottom of a Lake
9. Circle Square
10. Heaven's Gate (Instrumental)
11. Liquid Summer
12. We Are Cosmic
13. Culture Veins
Endless Field Studios presents EYES RARELY CLOSED a Collection Of LAKE R▲DIO Out-Takes, Alternate Versions and Unreleased Songs recorded onto an audio compact cassette tape and shipped directly to your door and into your ears. Each cassette costs fourteen dollars plus shipping and comes with neat stuff such as photos, paintings, drawings, dream journal entries, personal letters, and other stuff that I find laying around my room that might be interesting. Each cassette is hand numbered 000 through 100. Each cassette also includes a download code so you can download an MPEG-2 Audio Layer III version of the album because I mean seriously who listens to cassette tapes anymore.
Order here: http://www.endlessfieldstudios.com/
SH∆UN

Re: LAKE R▲DIO - Eyes Rarely Closed (2011) cassette

Post Posted

Thanks for the news, this will be worth picking up for sure.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

To be honest I'm still waiting for my tape to arrive, there was a huge delay with all the orders
cmos00

Post Posted

yikes $14 +s/h for a tape? is the label in like... switzerland?

or, like, a side project of one of those rad dudes from emeralds... whose tapes always end up costing $75 on ebay before you realize they exist. no matter how many mailing lists you try to get on.
Mcll

Post Posted

You are a COIL fan. Don't sound so surprised :P I'm sure you have spent a decent amount of money on CDrs in plastic clamshell cases.

The package is supposed to come with a bunch of personal stuff that makes it worth-while for a collector. The music is great so I could almost see getting this, except that I have not even seen a cassette player for over 10 years.

So I opted for the BandCamp version: http://lakeradio.bandcamp.com/album/eyes-rarely-closed
twinvessel

Post Posted

Man this brings me right back to the amazing halcyon days of early-mid 90's industrial/noise/experimental tape trading, zines and pen pals via snail mail. Given the impracticality of even limited run glass mastered cds as well as the growing yet
still hard to finance vinyl pressing scene, doing limited run yet personalized/artistically enhanced cd-rs and cassette tapes is pretty cool.

Also, stickers and 1-1.5" pins are always a cool thing people love.