am I the only one who is sick of trap-ridden beats?

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

am I the only one who is sick of trap-ridden beats?

Post Posted

*rant*

for real doe, making a shitty ass trap beat and adding dark synths or drone sounds to it IS NOT FUCKIN COOL

been too much of this bullshit floating around, whenever I see combination of trap and witch house on bandcamp I automatically skip it

don't get me wrong, trap elements been present in this scene since day 0, but sometimes it's just

</overNout>
Mcll

Re: am I the only one who is sick of trap-ridden beats?

Post Posted

There is still stuff I hear that I like and it has trap elements. Minimal has it's own appeal. You cannot let yourself get bogged down with across the board statements. If you don't like it, just move on. :)
skvllparty

Post Posted

i feel you on that but i love trap shit. it's kinda stupid tho. lol
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

I like trap too, I was heavily into the ATL scene when TI's albums where coming out. I still enjoy Luger and Young Chop productions, it's just seeing loads of trap beats being posted in WH groups on fb kinda makes me feel uneasy about the intentions of those posters. Maybe it's my fault for trying to put some music-frame on them beats, dunno.
iamthesunset

Post Posted

Pardon my unintended ignorance, but could you provide examples of what you mean? I think we're on the same wavelength but just want to check i'm thinking the right thing by "trap beats". :)