doyoulikelove - Declining Inward (2022)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
doyoulikelove

doyoulikelove - Declining Inward (2022)

Post Posted

Music by doyoulikelove
Released by EK4TE Collective

April 2022
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: doyoulikelove - Declining Inward (2022)

Post Posted

It took me a while to have a go at this album, but it was worth it. It's definitely a grower, each listen unravelled something new in the composition, and while I have a couple of my favourites, overall the EP is a solid release of atmospheric bass-led witch house. "Inheritix" is good opener that sets the tone for the rest of the album, with ominous bassline and a melody that sticks with you for a while after the listen. "One Eye Open" with its beatless IDM feel, sits on the lo-fi side of the witch house spectrum, making it stand out in its own right. Really like this one. "Insult your injury" is prob my least fav track here, maybe it's the drums... "Memories" has a Wiicca-esque vibe, like some recording copied from an old, warped film, I dig this one a lot - just like the closing, phonk-influenced "Social Climber".
⸸ŁΞŦ MΞ DIΞ⸸

Re: doyoulikelove - Declining Inward (2022)

Post Posted

doyoulikelove wrote: June 25th, 2022, 1:28 am https://soundcloud.com/ek4t3usa/sets/do ... sa-dgt-010

Music by doyoulikelove
Released by EK4TE Collective

April 2022
Oh, this is sounds like "old" Witch House, I liked it. Nowadays, this is rarely done, at least in my country, huh. My favorite tracks "Inheritix", "One eye open" and "Social Climber". Nice work :)