Modern Howl - Vex (2012)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Modern Howl - Vex (2012)

Post Posted

1. Moonlight Dove Junkie
2. Skullz
3. Vex
4. Ipomea
5. One Day (or Another) You'll Be Blind
Hi Tech/Low Life. The music of Russian based MODERN HOWL draws from the genealogy of modern electronic music. With a heavy industrial backbone, the duo manages to forge cyber landscapes out of sheet metal. Skittering through IDM rhythms are the relics of early EBM tempered with a dash of harsh noise and black metal. The true magic is how Paul Von Aphid and Speed Wolf manage to both pay tribute to their influences, and at the same time create something complely unique and personal.

Welcome to the ghettos of Russia. 2012. The Sprawl. Maybe oppression is better after all.

Mastered by Toby Borrow. ( www.facebook.com/bassbrother )

released 18 August 2012
MODERN HOWL - VEX (Baku Shad-do™ 2012)
https://web.archive.org/web/20121024033 ... /album/vex

Does anyone have this bandcamp release? I think it's the only thing from Baku Shad-do that I'm missing. Of course Paul passed away, but maybe we can try to contact Sergey Volkov who was the second half of MH? @SENJI?
SENJI

Re: Modern Howl - Vex (2012)

Post Posted

I have this release in 320 kbps MP3 but I don't think I got it from bandcamp.
I think I also had either some unreleased tracks or early versions of the tracks before their official release.
I can share everything of course.
- Undesired
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

SENJI wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:57 pm I have this release in 320 kbps MP3 but I don't think I got it from bandcamp.
I think I also had either some unreleased tracks or early versions of the tracks before their official release.
That would be amazing, thank you!
SENJI

Post Posted

zin wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 10:14 am
SENJI wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:57 pm I have this release in 320 kbps MP3 but I don't think I got it from bandcamp.
That would be amazing, thank you!
Here you go: viewtopic.php?p=19937#p19937
- Undesired
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

So I finally managed to track down the original Bandcamp 320kbps files, including the high-res cover artworks. Really happy to be able to fill in the gap of my collection with this release. Enjoy, and replace your rips with this new version:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
I also had a proper dive into this EP, and it's quite a unique release. Especially "Moonlight Dove Junkie" and the titular track stand out, cyber/industrial witch-house compositions that sound very dystopian and futuristic. So is "Skullz" actually. The two closing tracks are more chaotic, like something that would play during the Ludovico Technique from A Clockwork Orange to brainwash a suspect. Overall great stuff.