Crossover - Gloom (2012)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Crossover - Gloom (2012)

Post Posted

1. Wraith In The Woodz
2. Luv Sick Vampires
3. How Covld I
4. Mother Ov God
5. The Bvrning
6. Mvrderous Glare
7. Yr A Ghost
8. Don't Tvrn Yr Back On Magic
9. Svmmer In Oslo
10. Fog Machine
From out of the haze Darkbeat founders, VEE & DEZ ov CROSSOVER surrender their 4th full-length album duly titled “GLOOM”. This is a story about a runaway boy and girl which takes place on the moon in the woods at night. A tale of heartbreak and loss. A collection of Deathromantik songs woven with synthesizers, tears, drum machines and blood.

With a heavy Cosmic music influence, they have been called Grave Wave and Proto-Witch House. Evolved electronic music with subtle hints of Dark Ambient and Neo-Folk come to mind. At times minimal, sometimes cold. Being vocally driven they have dreary and precious moments aside sarcasm and the deadly serious. Proving there is actually “a glimmer to the gloom”.

Originally hailing from New York City, VEE & DEZ moved to Berlin and are presently in Los Angeles. Some fruits of their labor include extensive European tours, performing with NY’s legendary Suicide and an ongoing collaborative affair with Mater Suspiria Vision. Winning features in NME, I-D, The Face, Nylon, D-Side, and Elegy to name a few. Gaining the “stamp of approval” from John Peel (R.I.P.), featured on BBC’s Ross Allen Show, to the “choice pick” in the Saturday London Times.

CROSSOVER now joined by 3rd member, TLG, spent 2010-2011 writing and recording the songs for the “GLOOM” album and are athrill to see it’s dawning in 2012. “Now is the time to walk by the moon…”.
This and "Funeral Flowers" are my fav albums from Croosover. "Gloom" is prob more electro-focused, darkbeat LP that serves as a transition between their early albums and more industrial/EBM vibe on FF. But still heavily inspired by witchhouse ("The Burning" or "Summer in Oslo" are peak WH). I really like the vocal melodies here, some of them totally make the songs. Ironically, my fav tracks from this album are "How Could I" and "Fog Machine".