still ∞ alive - From Womb to Tomb (2022)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
yaka-anima

still ∞ alive - From Womb to Tomb (2022)

Post by yaka-anima »

1. AWAKENING
2. VANISHING
3. Dont Say Candy
4. Call to the Abyss
5. PETRIFIED
6. The Burden of a Beating Heart
7. History of Impulse
8. Ode to Doom
9. Descent

https://stillalivetheband.bandcamp.com/ ... -to-tomb-2

High experimental vibes, downtempo horror soundtrack. I like the old school style of this artist. There's a big lack of creativity among the new post-witch producers. And finding this kind of artistic and fresh darkness in 2022, with something different and authentic gives me a true hope that WH genre will continue having a magical and gloomy core.

The full album is perfect for a horror movie, the cinematic feel is in each track, the tense sensation is very cool.

Currently i'm very bored of the clones of crystal castles and sidewalk and skeletoons. // Instead, i hope these kind of releases which evoke the true essence of witch house music, the mixture of something ethereal, experimental with deep ritual atmospheres will continue appearing .

still ∞ alive has a cool touch of a coven, that horror movie soundtrack, full of haunted sounds. Perfect for this october.

:bat: :bat: :bat: :coffin: :coffin:
Last edited by yaka-anima on August 15th, 2023, 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: still ∞ alive - From Womb to Tomb (2022)

Post by zin »

Nice one, I didn't know he released a new album. @stillalive are you still here?

Just streamed the album for the first time, and really really liking it. The first half is stronger though, the vibe and atmosphere that was built over the course of first five tracks sort of starts to fizzle out with "The Burden of a Beating Heart". But overall I like the drone/dark trap/witch bass mix, "Vanishing" is amazing

I can totally get the cinematic vibe here, but for me it's more like a futuristic serial killer thriller soundtrack haha
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

stillalive

Post by stillalive »

love u all!!! means a lot.
stillalive

Post by stillalive »

love the descriptions - "coven, horror movie soundtrack", and that you feel im evoking "the essence of witch house music"; thats an amazing compliment. I've always felt really instinctually connected to it, I think some of the aesthetics have always been natural to any of my creative ventures
stillalive

Post by stillalive »

and i like the lorn, ben frost comps in your review @zin ! I think ben frost's "by the throat" is one of the best albums of its kind
stillalive

Post by stillalive »

put it in your spotify playlists! lol
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

stillalive wrote: October 9th, 2022, 4:51 am and i like the lorn, ben frost comps in your review @zin ! I think ben frost's "by the throat" is one of the best albums of its kind
I used to be (well still am) a huuuuge fan of Lorn and Ben Frost, so I could see some common threads there. I picked the album up during the last bandcamp day, will definitely play it more this year :)
stillalive

Post by stillalive »

hell yeah thank you! i appreciate it @zin. BTW im going by "babyfeeder" instead of still ∞ alive here on out!