(2010 Nov 24) The Devil Has The Best Tuna blog publishes ' The Season Of The Witch... House A Witch House Primer'

The Archive is a place dedicated to documenting and preserving the history of Witch House.
zin
ɅDM†N

(2010 Nov 24) The Devil Has The Best Tuna blog publishes ' The Season Of The Witch... House A Witch House Primer'

Post by zin »

Original link:
https://besttuna.blogspot.com/2010/11/s ... house.html
Click to read
The Season Of The Witch... House
A Witch House Primer

Witch House is the strangest musical genre of this or any other year. With willfully obscure acts with hard to pronounce names like oOoOO, ///▲▲▲\\\ , Gr†ll Gr†ll, †‡† and ▲. It's like they've been force fed the dictionary according to Prince and it makes it bloody difficult to find them on google or Last.FM!

Witch House is a convenient catch all for all sorts of dark-hued synth rock with it's roots in dubstep, ambience and trance. The sound is characterised by a dark, nightmarish sound with pitched-down vocals and languid suffocating synths. A sound that some have likened to being trapped in a haunted house and catching a glimpse of a ghost hence the sobriquet Witch House. Some of it sounds more like music beamed in from radio Alien. Maybe it's already splitting into various sub genres and Alien House is just the first! Either way it's dirty finger nails will scratch the itch for lovers of everyone from Throbbing Gristle to Brian Eno, from My Bloody Valentine to Burial.

So this truly is the season of the witch... house.

Go Try

MP3 - White Ring - We Rot
MP3 - "†‡† - >>>>▲<<<<"
These tracks are linked direct from the artists Last.FM sites and are therefore already freely available so please don't claim breach of copyright

http://soundcloud.com/matersuspiriavisi ... nging-rock
MATER SUSPIRIA VISION - Theme from Picnic at Hanging Rock by matersuspiriavision
This track is linked direct from the Radar Maker blog and is therefore already freely available so please don't claim breach of copyright

Go Visit
White Ring - Myspace : Last.FM
oOoOO - Myspace : Last.FM
Mater Suspiria Vision - Myspace : Last.FM
Raw Moans - Myspace : Last.FM
Modern Witch - Myspace : Last.FM
Young Cream - Last.FM

Go View

White Ring
Roses

oOoOO
No Summr4U

Mater Suspiria Vision
In My No Religion (Zombie Rave Mix)

Modern Witch
Measure Me For Size

Young Cream
Congo Cut Cut

Raw Moans
Aqua Net

Posted 24th November 2010 by More About The Devil
Labels: /// /\/\/\ \\\ Brian Eno Burial Mater Suspiria Vision Modern Witch My Bloody Valentine oOoOO Prince Throbbing Gristle White Ring Witch House Young Cream †‡† ▲

Tags: