xoarctic - we're gonna destroy the world & it'll all be over soon

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
xoxoarctic

xoarctic - we're gonna destroy the world & it'll all be over soon

Post by xoxoarctic »

singles from my upcoming album inspired by and mostly witch house titled MEA MAXIMA CULPA, rlly inspired by salem ofc but also early crim3s and white ring along w various industrial and dungeon synth artists. i still produce a lot of hip hop so some of the trap influence that tends to get disliked here is present in my work but slowly trying to improve my musicality in the witch house genre, next single im dropping tomorrow or the next day has a lot more synth and live guitar layers but finishing the mix on that now. been a witch house listener for like 6 yrs but only 22 so just trying to branch out my production in a genre ive loved for so long and that was so fundamental to how i began designing sounds and songs

tried to put a drive link mix of my newest singles latest mix in but it seems to be rejecting so dm if u want to hear!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dy-vMJ ... M_OT_/view

Here's the link for that other song, still working on the mix a bit (even tho this is version 6) because both guitar lines get buried in the third drop and the right-panned one gets buried altogether for the most part, although I am pretty proud of this one which is why I wanted to share it. Really appreciate your feedback on the previous two, let me know what you think of this one! been going more Fires in Heaven rather than King Night with the past couple singles but i have a lot on this tape thatll cover all that territory and a lot of industrial/trashwave/EBM sounding stuff, if you want i could send it over when its completed! got some guest vocalists that im excited about

i hope this is allowed, new to the forum but read rules and this seems to fit but if I'm wrong I apologize and lmk where to post!
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: xoarctic - we're gonna destroy the world & it'll all be over soon

Post by zin »

hey @xoxoarctic thanks for sharing your music! I've installed this spam filter on the forum last year but it seems to be a bit too harsh sometimes for new accounts. please send me a DM with the drive link, I'll try to sort it out.

in the meantime, here's my 5 cents:

out of those two singles "we're gonna destroy the world" sounds better, the melody and arranements sit better with me, plus "it'll all be over soon" feels way too long, I think it could be half its length. also the guitar is too loud and your bass is too low, it may be the SC compression, but doubt it, I've listened to both tracks on my fairly decent headphones at high volume, and the mix needs improvement. but overall you're on a good path!

had a quick scroll on your SC, and "forestwalker (w cessir)" is dope
xoxoarctic

Post by xoxoarctic »

zin wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 4:44 pm hey @xoxoarctic thanks for sharing your music! I've installed this spam filter on the forum last year but it seems to be a bit too harsh sometimes for new accounts. please send me a DM with the drive link, I'll try to sort it out.

in the meantime, here's my 5 cents:

out of those two singles "we're gonna destroy the world" sounds better, the melody and arranements sit better with me, plus "it'll all be over soon" feels way too long, I think it could be half its length. also the guitar is too loud and your bass is too low, it may be the SC compression, but doubt it, I've listened to both tracks on my fairly decent headphones at high volume, and the mix needs improvement. but overall you're on a good path!

had a quick scroll on your SC, and "forestwalker (w cessir)" is dope
bet! thank you. and i agree on both criticisms of the latter track, it does run too long for my taste and i could do more w the drops but what i really feel you on is the guitar-- i have a new mix for my tape that that will be on but i should really replace the file before more people listen. thank you for your feedback and help with the Drive link situation! i really appreciate it :bat: :heart:
xoxoarctic

Post by xoxoarctic »

@zin i totally forgot to thank you for complimenting that forestwalker track that was one of the first tracks i made when actually trying to be a better producer, everything pre-that beat is just fucking around