Ʌ ‎- Imperium De Somnus, Interrex De Vitro Regia (2012)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
AARRCC

Ʌ ‎- Imperium De Somnus, Interrex De Vitro Regia (2012)

Post by AARRCC »

1. The Regency at Mt. Erebus
2. Song for Egypt
3. Hopelessness Ft. MAGZILLA
4. Harold
5. A Comforting Routine
6. Acropolis in Blue
7. The Archer
8. Pollux, Without his Twin
9. West, Amundsen Sea
10. Humiliation, Another Dream in Eroticism
11. Adelaide Isle, Fossil Bluff
12. The Stack
13. La Vita Nuova
IMPERIUM DE SOMNUS, INTERREX DE VITRO REGIA:
(Empire of Sleep, Regency of the Glass Castle)

This work is meant as a goodbye, a big wide wave
I have spent the better part of my life writing and performing music, and while I don't intend to stop doing those things, I do think this will be the last under the Ʌ alias.
Through these songs, I have explored the sounds and textures I have spent the passed years developing. From my classical training as a pianist and composer, to the hip-hop darkwave, the north African rhythms that have have been the cornerstones for my works, and the southern American swamp blues tonality I have always had resonance with.
This is also an important milestone for me, personally.
Some of the lyric liners will read "From the Spirit House", these are songs where both the lyrics and the music were 100% improvised (a la my other project "Abe Sada" abesada.bandcamp.com) these are places where I felt completely honest and very free, so I hope you feel that too.
When there are lyrics, they are my most straightforward and my most personal, and perhaps it is a strange idea to include them, but honesty is important in work.
I would like to thank absolutely everyone who has helped me write, produce, and bought works from me to allow me to continue working.
I would like to thank the countless artists who have been instrumental and inspirational to me throughout the years.
This album will be released on cassette later this year with extra tracks, and if you are on my mailing list, I will be sending out that info when its available
xoxoxo
X.S.V.

All songs written, performed, and produced by X.S.V. with the exception of "Hopelessness" which has lyrics written and performed by MAGZILLA.
my last release as Ʌ
i hope you like it
xoxoxoxooxxoo
http://aarrcc.bandcamp.com/album/imperi ... itro-regia
Mcll

Re: IMPERIUM DE SOMNUS, INTERREX DE VITRO REGIA

Post by Mcll »

I LOVE it. Been listening to each of the tracks as you have dropped them on SC. Best work you have done thus far. And that is saying something, because I really love your other albums, singles, and EPs. So are you starting another project? Or are you going on hiatus?
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Amazing album as always, I've just bought it. I totally want to sign up for the tape release!
AARRCC

Post by AARRCC »

Mcll wrote:I LOVE it. Been listening to each of the tracks as you have dropped them on SC. Best work you have done thus far. And that is saying something, because I really love your other albums, singles, and EPs. So are you starting another project? Or are you going on hiatus?
thank you yes thank you thank you

i am going to start a new project that is embryonic right now so i cannot say much about it
in october i go into studio to record new full length for abe sada / focus on some film scoring i have to get done

much love
xoxoxoxo
AARRCC

Post by AARRCC »

zin wrote:Amazing album as always, I've just bought it. I totally want to sign up for the tape release!
babydoll
xoxoxoxo
you'll b the first to no
Mcll

Post by Mcll »

AARRCC wrote: i am going to start a new project that is embryonic right now so i cannot say much about it
in october i go into studio to record new full length for abe sada / focus on some film scoring i have to get done

much love
xoxoxoxo
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing more!
AARRCC

Post by AARRCC »