ɅLUCɅRDɅ

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
ɅLUCɅRDɅ

Hot ɅLUCɅRDɅ

Post Posted

First public witch house track, started fucking around with FL Studio about a decade ago as I a goth DJ, was sick of hearing Aggrotech and distorted techno beats and thought spooky ethereal music with distorted hip hop beats would be a nice break from routine. Played a track for a friend who said it sounded like witch house and it's been an on going obsession ever since. Didn't get serious about it 'til the pandemic lockdown hit, and I got a new laptop that didn't choke up if I loaded Massive and dove into YouTube tutorials on production. Anyways, I've rambled enough, hope y'all enjoy :hy:

zin
ɅDM†N

Re: ɅLUCɅRDɅ

Post Posted

Nice one, I love the deep bass omniously hovering in the back, the melody built with keys is pretty decent too, however some keys sound a bit off (i.e. around 1:10), but hey it's a great start. Also a massive + from me for including a vocal sample, where is it from?

Gave you a follow on SC, my personal advice is - one you have proper release out put it on bandcamp - it's a great platform for promoting music.
ɅLUCɅRDɅ

Post Posted

Thank you so much for your feedback and the follow on SC! The vocal sample is from Mario Bava's Mask of Satan aka Black Sunday. As far as the keys sounding off, I was going for a very melted VHS kinda feel, so I may have applied to much of the VHS snag/ pitch bend effect on the lead synth. It might sound better on a more 80's sounding synth, rather than the more electro-industrial pluck I used. I'll definitely play with it for the proper release version.

Definitely going to sign up for Bandcamp once my EP is finished, thank you again for the advice and support!

second track up now
https://soundcloud.com/alucarda-nola/gr ... 0b954e055a
yaka-anima

Post Posted

very spooky excellent track. i like the synths a lot. and totally apart love your artist name. i'm a big fan of the movie Alucarda. as latin i'm a big follower and fan of latin american horror movies. regards *-*
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
ɅLUCɅRDɅ

Post Posted

I've been taking my project into a more "witch metal" direction, merging witch house with death/doom and black metal and an ep is starting to take shape. I wouldn't consider these finished tracks by any means, but as a proof of concept it does the job.
gяΔvэ$
dΔ₩и øf †нэ вLΔ¢к нэΔя†$
†нэ døøм †нΔ† ¢Δмэ †ø $ΔяиΔ†н
yaka-anima wrote: November 4th, 2021, 10:11 pm very spooky excellent track. i like the synths a lot. and totally apart love your artist name. i'm a big fan of the movie Alucarda. as latin i'm a big follower and fan of latin american horror movies. regards *-*
Thank you for your kind words, I've been working on redoing it in the new witch metal style, maybe it might be suitable for one of your compilations?
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

gяΔvэ$ is pretty great, dig the direction there.

the other 2 tracks are blocked behind an access wall, can you maybe change access settings?
ɅLUCɅRDɅ

Post Posted

zin wrote: May 19th, 2022, 6:22 pm gяΔvэ$ is pretty great, dig the direction there.

the other 2 tracks are blocked behind an access wall, can you maybe change access settings?
Glad to hear you dig the new direction, also fixed the access wall issue! Thanks for the heads up!