V‡S kULt - V‡S kULt EP (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

V‡S kULt - V‡S kULt EP (2011)

Post Posted

1. ‡ (Touch the Fl▼me)
2. Six Points South
3. Guardi▼n of their Mysteries
4. Ph▼ze
+ hidden track
5. Ceremony

DL:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
SEAT▼1D V‡S kULt EP

full color artwork on CD-R & 300g folded cardboard in miniature LP style plastic sleeve

Artwork by Dazed Gaze

100 copies / hand-numbered

4 Traxxx /// 21 mins. of music

ΩΩΩ 66/6 ΩΩΩ
Twisted electronic music, witchhouse drones and cosmic chants define this 5-track EP from V‡S kULt (aka Dazed Gaze, Residual Prophecy and ZΘN). Fourth release on Black Bvs Records, "V‡S kULt EP" fits perfectly into the early witch house era, with its obscure samples, hypnagogic beats ("‡ (Touch the Fl▼me)"), new age chillout ("Six Points South"), omnious atmospheres ("Guardi▼n of their Mysteries") and weird tape loops ("Ph▼ze"). Still can't forgive myself I didn't buy their bandcamp discography before they deleted it all into oblivion. Luckily I do own this CD :)
randomexit

Re: V‡S kULt - V‡S kULt EP (2011)

Post Posted

@zin why do you think so many wh artists from this era deleted bandcamps ? it seems strange to take that stuff down when there is still an audience even if it is super niche
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: V‡S kULt - V‡S kULt EP (2011)

Post Posted

@randomexit I can think of a few reasons (that were given to me by some artists over the years):
1. lack of attention at the time of release made them doubt in their music
2. they progressed their sound, moved genres and were 'embarassed' of their old stuff
3. back in 2010/2011 not many people were actually paying for digital downloads, it was still pretty much digital wild west, with lots of free netlabels, lack of streaming options, and piracy being more common (soulseek), so seeing point 1 above they just got discouraged
4. some artists love the idea of obscurity, blink-and-you-miss-it attitude, so there's that too