†▼††† - Abaddon (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

†▼††† - Abaddon (2020)

Post Posted

1. Ave Abyssus
2. 13 Severed Heads
3. Faust
4. Black Sacrament
5. Bone Altar
6. Apollyon
7. Brimstone
8. Angel's Scorn
9. Infernal Pleasures
10. The Last Cathedral in Hell
11. The Gospel of Death

https://blvsphemyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/abaddon

Second release, and this time album-proper, for Blvsphemy from †▼†††. Eleven tracks of dark and gloomy dark trap and gloomy witch house that ultimately fall short in my book, mainly by ticking of all the main boxes for modern witch music. I feel like Gorium shines the most when he leaves behind the cliches of the genre, and instead slows down the tempo, ditches synths used by everyone, and experiments with samples more. "Ave Abyssus" is a glorious intro, brooding, oozing with tar and anxiety, I would love the whole album in this tempo and with this vibe. But tracks like "13 Severed Heads", although with a big "hit" potential, just sound a tad repetitive and could be done by any other mainstream artist from the scene. I think my main problem here, aside from the overplayed trap beats, is the synths, especially on the first half of the LP. The second half is definitely stronger, darker, and slower, and could be turned into a really solid EP actually (with the addition of the first track "Ave Abyssus").