Lieu Noir - On The Bed Confused (2022)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Lieu Noir - On The Bed Confused (2022)

Post Posted

1. On the Bed Confused
2. On Your Way Back Bring Some Ice
3. Prosthesis
4. Draped Over
5. Prosthesis
6. A Bag Was Found Floating in the Swimming Pool
7. Draped Over
" Weird blend of influences from industrial, Evangelis to dungeon synth, but articulated around completely destroyed de-pitched samples of hip-hop tracks wrapped around very unpleasant feedbacks recorded on tape which feels Iike screwed-electronics.
In this release you start alone from a room with nothing and you'll get out with less. "

All tracks producded and mixed by John Z. K.
Mastering by Jeff T.Kenann

"On the Bed Confused", "Brand New Lock Picks" & "A Bag Was Found Floating in the Swimming Pool" were recorded in 2018-2019 and remastered in 2022.
"On Your Way Back Bring Some Ice" recorded in 2020.
"Prosthesis" & "Draped Over" were recorded in fall 2022.
https://pasoinferiortapes.bandcamp.com/ ... confused-2

I'm still processing how amazing that last month's Sniper Bait LP is, but no rest for the wicked I guess, because John Katsav is back with a new album as Lieu Noir. Nefarious phonk, funeral trap, gloom witchhouse and sci-findustrial clash on "On The Bed Confused", forming a captivating release that's an ode to screwed music. Recorded between 2018 and 2022, the album effortlessly combines aforementioned underground styles, and further twists and distorts them achieving a laidback yet suspenseful lo-fi feel. "On Your Way Back Bring Some Ice" is such a sick track and one of my personal highlights here, like an evil soundtrack to Predator's hunting season. I fear that my top 10 of 2022 will be made of entirely of John's releases this year. Unstoppable force, don't sleep.