V.A. - Neglected Witch House (2023)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
cumslegborenail

V.A. - Neglected Witch House (2023)

Post Posted

1. Filmy Ghost - Alec Holland experiments
2. Jakki Glass - Comedown
3. Ignore That Door - Coven
4. Humanfobia - Jennifers Telephaty
5. Cumsleg Borenail - Relic Relish
6. ¢Δи¢эя Δpэ - Respite
7. morimori - Valerie (bobbys beard cover)
8. Tenderness of Wolves - Satanic Panic
9. ₩нΔ† Jø¥ †нэяэ î$ îи Lîvîиg - Curtain Call
10. BOSEBY - Spiritual Advice

------------

Morning or Evening,

I run a little netlabel over at http://borenailrecords.bandcamp.com and wanted to put out a compilation of modern witchhouse music, if anyone is interested please email over a .wav file to cumslegborenail@gmail.com, This would be for a January release.

It would be digital and home made CD-R limited edition to 30 copies.

thanks
yaka-anima

Re: Witch House Compilation 2023 Submission Wanted!

Post Posted

excellent!! glad to see more labels interested in WH genre.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
cumslegborenail

Re: Witch House Compilation 2023 Submission Wanted!

Post Posted

It just seems so neglected!
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: V.A. - Neglected Witch House (2023)

Post Posted

so this came out yesterday, limited to 6 copies on cassette tape (I got that one:)) and 6 copies on CDR
https://borenailrecords.bandcamp.com/al ... itch-house

I bought it without even listening to it to support the forum crew @yaka-anima and @tendernessofwolves, streaming it now and it has some sweet tracks there.

Filmy Ghost droning opener is great, followed up by Jakki Glass' mellow hip-hop instrumental with a witchy spin. Ignore That Door's track is super weird but I like it, starts with those familiar MSV synths before turning into minimal juke track with some creepy voices. Humanfobia re-releases their intro to the "Phenomena" from Phantasma Disques, I sort of wish they had something else here with such a huge catalogue of music. Cumsleg Borenail drops some lo-fi experimental stuff, not my cup of tea tbh. Same with ¢Δи¢эя Δpэ, who channels some winter howling in their track. Morimori track is actually quite interesting, but since it's a cover I will need to look into their other releases. ToW shared their classic occult single from last year's excellent "Colours". ₩нΔ† Jø¥ †нэяэ î$ îи Lîvîиg ressurects DIY witchhouse from 2010 there, their track sounds like something downloaded randomly from lastfm back in the day. It's not great, but somehow channels nostalgia of that era. The closing vaporwave/WH crossover from Boseby is quite amazing, and a great way to wrap the whole thing up.
cumslegborenail

Post Posted

thank you!!!!
yaka-anima

Post Posted

excellent review of the full compilation. personally i loved all the tracks. cheers!
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: