SØLVE - Never + Enough (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

SØLVE - Never + Enough (2021)

Post Posted

1. NEVER + ENOUGH (SINGLE)
2. NEVER + ENOUGH (SIDEWALKS AND SKELETONS REMIX)
3. SVNT LACRIMÆ RERVM (ΣΕΘ REMIX)
4. WASHED IN THE BLOOD (BARA HARI REMIX)
5. NEVER + ENOUGH (SINEwavs REMIX)
6. SVNT LACRIMÆ RERVM (NULL DEVICE REMIX)
7. WASHED IN THE BLOOD (SATANIC HISPANIC REMIX)
8. NEVER + ENOUGH (SUFFER RING REMIX)
9. SVNT LACRIMÆ RERVM (FRACTURED TRANSMISSION REMIX)
10. WASHED IN THE BLOOD (V▲LH▲LL REMIX)
11. NEVER + ENOUGH (FIRES REMIX)
NEVER + ENOUGH is a song that comes from the awful but relatable sentiment of feeling lost while we waste our lives away chasing dreams. Many will recognize the constant battle between wanting to hold onto the ideals that inspire and drive us, versus the fear and self-doubt that comes from believing nothing we do will ever be good enough - that time will dry up, and we won’t have anything to show for it.
NEVER + ENOUGH is a tribute to those who struggle to maintain their art and creativity against the anxieties of making it through this uncertain life - it speaks to the negative emotions and circular fears so that we can recognize the pull of defeat before we bury ourselves beneath our regrets.
Featuring the new single, NEVER + ENOUGH, as well as incredible remixes by SIDEWALKS AND SKELETONS, SET, BARA HARI, SINE, Null Device, Satanic Hispanic, Suffer Ring, FRACTURED TRANSMISSION, V▲LH▲LL and FIRES
https://slve.bandcamp.com/album/never-enough
https://remissionentertainment.bandcamp ... ver-enough

Maxi-single / EP of remixes and edits of tracks from the (then) upcoming album "Earth Inferno". It was interesting to listen to them, not fully knowing the original versions that were meant to come later. The lead single from SØLVE is incredible, and hypes me up everytime I listen to it.
S&S delivers a dark synthwave edit that crashes halfway through only to embrace the industrial remains of the original track. His heavenly keys give the track a "grandeur" facelift, great stuff. SET takes the house out of the witch house and rolls with it, giving it a (slightly dragged) dance floor ready treatment. Bara Hari continues with the club-ready remixes, this time flipping "Washed in the blood" - absolutely amazing remix, graced with her vocals (prob my fav track here). SINE totally deconstructs the main single on his take, leaving bare bones of the original and turning it into a creepy, minimal, industrial monster. Null Device teases with a dark ambient/drone edit, before turning to industrial sounds, while Satanic Hispanic summons minimal trap drums and focuses on the vocals of the original track and mrophs them into a doom-sermon. Suffer Ring hits the ball out of the park with their nu-metal cover (if I'm correct, those are Cairn's vocals right?) of "Never + Enough" - sick, took me by surprise too. Fractured Transmission amps the tempo to techno levels with his remix, which is countered with a witch house edit from V▲LH▲LL right after that. Lastly, Fires unleashes metal mayhem for their closing track, sick.
This whole maxi was released by Re:mission Ent on CD, and can be still ordered from their bandcamp above.