SCYTHE - Candlelit Descent Down The Initiation Well (2021)

zin
ɅDM†N

SCYTHE - Candlelit Descent Down The Initiation Well (2021)

Post Posted

1. Candlelit Descent Down The Initiation Well
2. Burning Chrome Amidst The Scent Of Rain
3. Impossible Ruins
4. Shattered Obelisk In The Forest Cathedral
5. Ecstatic Emergence From The Initiation Well

https://dungeonscythe.bandcamp.com/albu ... ation-well

Scythe is a dungeon-synth project of Travis Egedy, better known as Pictureplane. His debut "Candlelit Descent Down the Initiation Well", released in May this year, is one of the best dungeon ambient albums I've heard in a long while. Filled with emotive synths that shape vast and brooding soundscapes, it's a sublime and haunting experience that will undoubtedly appeal to both melancholic crypt keepers as well as dystopian dreampunks.

I just released it on my label Dagger Forest on tape, including a bonus track "Deviant Burial In The Oak Grove"

Mcll

Re: SCYTHE - Candlelit Descent Down The Initiation Well (2021)

Post Posted

Great!

TBH, we miss these dark ambient type WH releases. Pale Noir had a lock on these for years. Then we go way back with Cold Meat Industries.
tendernessofwolves

Post Posted

Great album. Always loved the SCYTHE releases.

I wish there was more of the dark ambient WH stuff being released these days as well. Maybe a future compilation idea?

Though if you particularly miss the Cold Meat Industries releases Cold Spring Records have a lot of that covered.
Mcll

Post Posted

Seems like the brunt of CPR are reissues/remasters. Cool but, honestly the quality of those older releases were part of the appeal. No one needs to hear a pristine mastered Government Alpha album..haaaa. But yes, some great stuff there.

The compilation idea sounds good. Just wonder how many would be into it anymore. WH kinda seems like darkwave redefined now. Not complaining though, that is the direction we went in :P
tendernessofwolves

Post Posted

Mcll wrote: December 31st, 2022, 8:50 pm No one needs to hear a pristine mastered Government Alpha album..haaaa. But yes, some great stuff there.
:lol: True dat!