White Ring - Angel 13 (2024)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

White Ring - Angel 13 (2024)

Post by zin »

White Ring is back with part 1 of a new album about spiritual warfare. Demons haunt us all and we must take up our weapons to fight against them lest thy soul perish. As a follow up to the OG trilogy (BETMM/GoG/SMH) about trauma, loss and acceptance - this is the beginning of a new era of warfare. This is about redemption. Whole lotta people gonna see but only a few will make it. This is both a threat and a promise.

https://www.boundmfg.com/product/angel13volume1cassette
oect

Re: White Ring - Angel 13 (2024)

Post by oect »

Thoughts on the first song released 'Kingdom Come'?? @
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

LOVE this new direction. Totally appreciate the reinvention, looking forward to the whole EP.

Btw that $23.00 for the cassette tape stiiiiiings man
oect

Post by oect »

Likewise amigo.
Because the heavy guitars impact on me in I Need A Way, I'm loving the new direction and use of em here. Guitars harmonize amazingly with the attitude and distortion of the genre. I'm guessing Bry started exploring his vocal range and practicing guitar based on the track. Though I really do enjoy SMH's soft and overwhelming dense realms of sound, hope to see something new with that atleast once or twice on Angel13 :D
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

@STRFLL @randomexit have you checked this already?

I'm just halfway thru the first listen and holy shit so good, the guitar work makes this really stick out but at the same time I can still confidently say it's White Ring
randomexit

Post by randomexit »

@zin Yes. I have been bumping this on loop since it came out. I really love it. white ring has never been one to stay static in a style but this is a real step forward for them. I saw some insta footage of them playing new york the other night and the live show feels like they have more energy and own the crowd more...feels like they have really reinvigorated as artists.