Marzip☭n! - Hausu (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Marzip☭n! - Hausu (2011)

Post by zin »

1. Hausu
2. Butterflies
3. The Fall Of Ys
4. Der Kinderfänger von Aokigahara
5. Hausu
6. 83YOND C
7. L'Enchanteur Pourrissant
8. SJ & AG in The Silent Garden
9. The Duke
10. Suzanne
Visit of a cultural haunted house – HAUSU is made of different hazy pieces, parts of human culture. Surrealistic backgrounds mixed with library music and field recording, pop music and strange samples – all this things turned into outerspace ghost drone.

«I don’t really know how to define the sound, a bit like a play on the technical manifestation of “ghosts” and residual auditory hallucinations (like EVP, ITC, etc) mix with European pop culture from the 60′s to now, like if abandoned radios and TV sets had life of their own.» // Marzip☭n!
Buy / stream: https://oddot.bandcamp.com/album/hausu

Just bought this album, remembering that Marzip☭n! was once scheduled to drop a CD on Phantasma Disques (never happened). And it's a really interesting record, very much in the vein of the early PD releases. Lots of drones, delay, reverb, and focus on atmosphere makes it sound like a witchy library album with dark synth elements. First half in particular has this nostalgic Stranger Things vibe to it (i.e. "Butterflies") with some fairytale-like delicate singing ("Hausu 2"), while the second half seems to take inspiration from classical music and more experimental approach. As a listening experience the album doesn't feel fully cohesive though, I cannot pin it down to one or two things, but the flow of it doesn't work for me. As a collection of tracks though it's pretty great.

Also, the backing vocals in "83YOND C" (the ones that can be barely heard) remind me of "Third Eye Sixth Sense" from Ritualz. Am I the only one?
yaka-anima

Re: Marzip☭n! - Hausu (2011)

Post by yaka-anima »

Hausu is so far one of my favorites japanese movies. And maybe this was inspired by it, i don't know it. But the album have that psychedelic occult thing full of magic and something cinematic too. My preferred album from this project is Blank Rites Of The Lost Girls. Very good music project, sadly have few releases in his discography.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: